Every story has a beginning and every beginning has a meaning. To understand what that meaning is, I will tell you more about who I am, what it is like to work with me and why it is beneficial to visit my website for insights on business goals, life improvements and especially web development.
Who Am I?
Hello there, my name is Frances Naty Go aka Goldlilys. My family migrated from the Philippines to the United States in 1993 and prefers to live in San Diego, CA ever since. I grew up as the middle child of a family of five: a stubborn father, a hardworking and very caring, but too much of a perfectionist mother and two brothers who are like my friends, but can be annoying like any other siblings.
What is unusual about my family is that my parents named all of their kids Franc(i or e)s because St. Francis of Assisi is the name of the church where they were married. I understand that they do not want to forget that special place, but naming all of their kids the same?!! That is one of the reasons why I want to be different and follow change.
Growing up with no sisters, I adapted and played video games with my brothers. My favorites are puzzle games like Tetris and Adventure/Role Playing games such as Final Fantasy Series, Pokemon, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Xenogears and Zelda Series. Why? I love thinking games where I need a strategy to win and have memorable stories. Make your purchases productive and engaging.
Playing RPG games in console systems led me to play games in the computer. One experience led to another and I graduated with a Computer Science degree at UC San Diego and focused on web development as a career.
I chose web development because it changes the fastest out of all the computer technologies that I learned. It also combines art with logical programming (math) since I love balancing things out (I am the middle child, remember ?)
To learn new perspectives, I love to work with designers with different styles and clients coming from different backgrounds. The best way to control who to work with and what projects to work on, I decided to start my very own web development company called Goldlilys Media LLC in 2013.
What Is It Like To Work With Me?
You are who you reflect. So the traits listed here are the same standards I set for myself too.
As a business owner, if you believe in these traits, then I want to connect with you!
- Know the value of your business
- Not afraid to grow and learn something new
- Want to improve your online presence by being unique and offer a memorable experience to your customers
Qualities I look for in collaboration:
- Be creative and passionate about the projects and produce distinct work
- Goal oriented and dedicated content writers, designers and/or marketing individuals/entrepreneurs
- Flexible time management yet delivers projects with the best possible solution and on-time
- New Perspective: “No box” thinking instead of “out of the box” thinking. Why? Learn from the past to create a better future starting now. With no barrier, you'll be able to see everything.
To see a timeline of our process, check out How We Work.
Why Work With Me?
Want to learn new insights about business goals, life improvements and how those theories relate to web development?
- Follow my blog posts and signed up for the newsletter
- To understand web development and what I do, it is better to tell and show you the concepts that will help me understand your business and vice versa
- My blog posts also allow me to answer questions that I receive in email or social media that may be relevant to your situation or website
- Browse around the portfolio section that includes case study stories for new projects
- The stories consists of the improvements that have taken place during the development cycle. If you think your project could use the new innovations, contact Goldlilys Media
- These websites are examples of what my team can do for your business/organization too. Will be happy to assist you in continually improving your online presence
- Connect with Goldlilys Media in all social media platforms for interesting business and website tips, infographics and fun
Goldlilys Media LLC team up with Graphics / UX designers to create Uniquely Creative website designs and Simply Efficient web development features. Everyone has different expertise and, therefore, Goldlilys Media will assign the right designer and SEO specialists to get you what you want while Frances builds out your website as flexible and functional as possible. All you have to do is contact Goldlilys Media.
Goldlilys Media offers custom made websites and training to provide simple and flexible solutions for complex problems along with dedicated customer service to help growing businesses thrive.
To deliver custom tailored websites for growing businesses to enhance their online presence and digital footprint.
Values to achieve this vision are:
- Listen closely to the needs and wants of our clients to understand their preferences
- Operate in an open collaborative environment
- Bring creativity to projects for innovative solutions
- Provide dedicated customer service to grow with every client
- Develop automation of data analysis about customers, management and/or inventories
- Continuously learn the latest web trends to simplify daily activities for our clients
- Create a comprehensive online solution to enable businesses to focus more on core business strategies
Allow Goldlilys Media to be your personal all-in-one web technology business partner.
Here are the industries that Goldlilys Media prefers to do business with. Why? These are all related to Culture, Art and Technology, the purpose of my alma mater Sixth College, UCSD.
When interested, contact us.
University of California San Diego
Major: BS, Computer Science and Engineering, June 2008
Honors: Regents Scholarship Award (2002-2003)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Example Code: Github
Basic: Assembly, C, C++, Java, Java Servlets, JSP, ML, Prolog, Python, Ruby
Frameworks / Generators / Libraries / Package Managers
Backbone, Bootstrap, Bower, Compass, Composer, Concrete5, Drupal, Foundation, Grunt/Gulp, Homebrew, jQuery, Yeoman, YUI
Testing Tools & Concepts
CasperJS, Firebug, Frisby, Jasmine, PhantomJS, Selenium, Travis, YSlow, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Test Driven Development (TDD)
Adobe Creative Suite, Aptana, Balsamiq Web Mockup, Beanstalk, Bitbucket, Dropbox, Filezilla, Magento, MathLab, Microsoft Office, Visio and Visual Studios, Tortoise SVN / GIT, WordPress
Operating Systems / Workstations / Editors / Version Controls
CentOS, Linux, Mac, Solaris / SUN, Ubuntu, UNIX, Windows, Eclipse, Emacs, PhpStorm, Sublime Text, VI, CVS, GIT, SVN
Runtime Environments / Web Servers / Messengers
NodeJS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache, Cpanel, MAMP, Pantheon, Vagrant, Virtual Box, WAMP, WHM, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, MIRC, Skype, Slack, Trillian
We Accept Checks, Square, Stripe OR ...
Balboa Park Online Collaborative Web Developer Contractor (August 2015 - Present)
- Helping BPOC re-develop some of the Balboa Park websites for the New Century.
- Projects finished are:
Goldlilys Media LLC Web Developer and CEO (2013 - Present)
- Create websites for clients using (X)HTML(5), CSS(3), Adobe Suite, Compass/Sass, Drupal, GIT, Grunt/Gulp, jQuery, LAMP, PhpStorm, Sublime Text and WordPress.
Sage Tree Solutions Web Developer (January 2011 - April 2012)
- Custom module development for Drupal CMS and other web services using Eclipse IDE with GIT.
Gaslamp Media Senior Web Designer Contractor (March - August 2010)
- Professional websites incorporating Adobe Suite, Drupal, jQuery, LAMP, and Web Standards.
SPAWAR Student Contractor (April - October 2008)
County of San Diego Web Developer Internship (July - December 2007)
- Designed, developed and maintained several websites for San Diego County.
San Diego Supercomputer Center Internship (January - March 2006)
- Developed skills in JSP, Java Servlets, database processing and Google GIS API.
Webmaster of Goldlilys Media (2006 - Present)
- Applied skills in web development learned throughout my career.
Brightcloud Web Analyst Consultant (July - September 2005)
- Analyze websites and categorize them for SEO.
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers & Society of Women Engineers (2002 - 2008)
Geek Girl Tech Conference Mentor (Summer 2015 and 2016)
San Diego Women's Hackathon Mentor (October 2014 and 2015)
Geek Girl Tech Conference Volunteer (Summer 2013 and 2014)
Expand Your Horizon Mentor (Fall 2003, Spring 2005)
- Led UCSD educational tours for 6th to 10th grade female students.
- Mentored students and explained the importance of education, particularly in obtaining a college degree in math & science.
- Collaborated with a team of 10 to build a school for the Rancho de Sus Ninos Orphanage, Tijuana.
- Skills: Cultivate cultural awareness, assist those in need, and see the world from diverse perspectives.